Bff World!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Trust Me.........

Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Trust Me......... Empty Trust Me.........

Post  Amy Holland Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

The young Christian kids came in groups as they walked through the heavy wooden doors. They all took their seats while the instructor announced what was going to happen today and told them a short story about God and his amazing powers to heal others. He gave me a short glance as I sat cross-legged behind him. He announced my name in the microphone in a low voice.
    "Today, we learn about God and how his miracles change the lives of people. Such as this young girl. Callie Ramon."
    I tried to shield my eyes from all the stares I was getting from the young crowd. I slowly got up and took my place behind the podium.
    "Hi everyone. As Mr.Dockson said, I am Callie. I came here today to talk to you about something that has affected my life in many ways. The behind the scenes look at what I went through during a very difficult time. Before I start, I want you all to know. Never stop having faith in our Father."
    With that said, I went back in time and told my story.
    "Hey Callie!"
    Sadie ran to me with a huge smile.
    "Guess who passed their math test?!? This girl!"
    I laughed at how excited she gets over these things.
    "That's great Sadie!"
    We laughed all the way to the lunch room, got our food, and sat down at our usual table.
    "So. How are you and Justin coming along in your relationship?"
    "Just fine, thank you! I keep dropping all these hints that I wanna kiss him ,but of course he isn't smart enough to figure it out and get the deed done."
    I smiled at her. Sadie was 5'2 with long shiny brown hair and blue eyes that looked like crystal pools. She had every guy falling head over heels for her.
    Upon closer inspection, I noticed a bruise on her right arm. I held it up.
    "Dude, what is this?", I said, not smiling anymore.
    "Who knows! I am always falling and hurting myself on something," she said laughing. I brushed it off and went on to eat my lunch. She finished quickly only taking two bites of her pasta.
    "Do you really have to make me look fat by eating only two pieces?"
    "Sorry, I haven't really been eating lately. Loss of appetite I guess."
    I looked at her with a concern face.
    "Sadie, are you sure your ok?"
    "Callie, I'm fine okay. Just let it go. Its not that big of a deal."
    With that being said she pushed back her chair and dumped her tray then went outside to start flirting with Justin. I rolled my eyes. Typical Sadie. I went to dump my tray and our secretary, Ms. Carlsworth, stopped me and asked me to get Sadie to take her medicine. Medicine? When did Sadie start taking medicine. I walked out to the basketball court and pulled her away from Justin for a few minutes.
    "What do you need now? Didn't you see I was in the middle of hugging a special someone," she said stubbornly. Seems like the moody Sadie has come out once more.
    "Ms.Carlsworth wants you to come take some kind of medicine?"
    Her cheeks immediately turned red. She rushed off to see her.
    Why was my best friend suddenly hiding things from me? The bell rang and I went back to my locker still waiting for Sadie to come out of the office. She came back with a flushed look on her face. I stepped in front of her locker.
    "Your not getting any of your stuff out until you tell me what the heck is going on."
    She looked at me with sad eyes. Sad eyes that reminded me of puppies eyes.
    "I have just been feeling really sick lately and my mom gave me this medicine to help with it. It's probably just period sickness and stuff."
    It seemed like she didn't want to say anymore so I let her into her locker. We walked together to 6th period.
    "Wanna come to my house? We have your favorite ice cream!" I said with a wink after school.
    "Can't. I am busy with something."
    "Okay serious? Who is too busy for cookie dough ice cream?"
    "Me. I gotta go."
    She left without further questions. I watched her walk all the way to her moms car. When she got in the car, I swear I saw her crying.

To be continued! Thanks guys Smile
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Trust Me......... Empty Re: Trust Me.........

Post  Amy Holland Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:31 pm

I went home and grabbed my cell phone. No new messages. Where could Sadie be? I texted her about 7 times in the last 12 minutes. Still no reply.
    8:45 I finally got a text from her. I read it aloud to myself, "I won't be at school tomorrow. Get my stuff for me please." I texted back fast waiting for another response. She never did text me back.
    When Sadie is gone from school, I become independent and don't hang with many other people. Most of my classmates talk about me and call me the weird kid. They don't say it to my face though because they know what would happen if I did. The day dragged on as I kept thinking about Sadie. When the final period was over I got on the bus staring at the window as a poem ran through my mind.
    No one is the same for everyone is unique.
    The troubles we face don't please you and me.
    The colors of the world are a mystery to me.
    As in why, why do we see things differently?
    That poem seemed to calm me down every time I thought of it. I hadn't noticed that all the kids were already off the bus until the bus driver started yelling at me with his nasty garlic breath to get off. I jumped in my mom's car. She didn't seem like she was happy.
    "Did you get frosting all over your new apron?" I said joking around with her.
    "Nope. Not at all actually."
    She didn't even glance at me. Her eyes were fixed on the road ahead of her. We kept quiet all the way home. She opened her door and closed it with a big heavy sigh.
    "Mom, are you alright?"
    She ignored me and went to the kitchen and grabbed a banana. I said it louder.
    "Mom?"
    She looked right at me. She kissed me on the cheek, walked to her room, and shut the door close. Why was everyone acting so strange? No one was making things easier on me to figure out what the heck is going on. I dropped my backpack on the floor and got out my books. Maybe some homework would take my mind off it.
    The next day at school, Sadie still wasn't there. Again, I walked the halls like I was some loner. During 4th period, I was called to go to the office. Great, did they see me cussing out Jade again for getting on my nerves?
    When I got there, Mr.Jocken closed the door as soon as I got in. My mouth was to dry to speak any words. Mr.Jocken saw the confusen in my eyes.
    "Callie. We just got a phone call from the Hospital in Dallas, Texas. It is about your friend. Sadie."
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Admin

Location : Location? ok. Low? No im not low. Kay? Ok. Shun? YOUR SHUNNING ME!??!

Trust Me......... Empty NWWWWWWWWWW

Post  Chocolate With Tea In It Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:57 pm

FINISH THE STORY. NOW.
    Alyssa;)
    Alyssa;)

Post  Alyssa;) Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:15 pm

nasty garlic breath
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Alyssa wrote:nasty garlic breath

It is funny how I knew you would say something about it... haha
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:59 pm

I looked at him with terrifying eyes. I tried to speak ,but nothing came out.
    "Sadie was transferred there about an hour ago. You were the first person she wanted to know she was okay."
    "Why is she there? What is wrong with her?!" I said practically shouting.
    "I wish I knew. All I know is that something is really wrong with her."
    Oh really Captain Obvious, because everyone goes to the hospital when everything is perfectly fine.
    "We called your mom already and she is coming to get you. I am really sorry about this."
    I couldn't look straight at him. If I did, I would start crying. I slowly got up and walked outside the school and sat down on the cracked pavement. The way she was acting... it all led up to this. My mom's black Tahoe came to a stop in front of me. I opened the door and got in slowly.
    "Honey, I am so sorry."
    I looked straight at her and clenched my fist.
    "So you knew right?! You knew all this time that something was wrong! You didn't care to say anything to me!"
    She grabbed my hand. I jerked away from her.
    "Babe, its not like that. I knew ,but I didn't have the heart to tell you."
    "Oh right! Because hearing it from my principal is a lot easier then hearing it from you! So thanks mom! Thanks for making this so much easier on me!"
    She didn't say anything else all the way home. I jumped out of the car while she turned it off. I ran into my room and grabbed the phone while locking the door.
    "Callie! Open this door!" my mom screamed while banging on my door. I looked up the Dallas Hospital number and called.
    "Hello?" said the lady on the other line.
    "Umm.. Hi. My name is Callie and I need to talk to a patient by the name of Sadie Janeson."
    "One moment please," the phone did a short bleep.
    "OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW CALLIE!"
    Why did my mom care so much about me talking to my best friend?!
    "I am sorry Miss Callie ,but Sadie is in surgery right now."
    I clenched the phone as tight as I could until my knuckles turned white.
    "Why is she in surgery?" I said softly.
    "I think because of some kinda cancer their trying to take out. Hope she gets better sweetheart."
    Before she could get out the last words I slammed the phone down and curled up into a ball on my bed. I then released all the tears I had been saving.
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Admin

Location : Location? ok. Low? No im not low. Kay? Ok. Shun? YOUR SHUNNING ME!??!

Post  Chocolate With Tea In It Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Keep going! this is getting interesting.
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:51 pm

It was about two hours later before I woke up. My bed was soaked with my tears. I blew my nose and opened the door carefully. My mom and dad were both waiting for me on the couch. I didn't want anymore secrets. I wanted to know what was going on.
    "Have a good nap?" my dad said to me.
    "I wanna know. I want to know everything. No more secrets. Everything you know about her, you better tell me right now."
    My parents looked at each other with a concerned look.
    "Why don't you come sit down first sweet heart?" my mom said to me in a soft motherly voice.
    "No. Just tell me. Get it over with and just tell me."
    My mom took a deep sigh and grabbed my dad's hand.
    "Sadie has been having problems with her body lately. She is not as active as normal and as started to notice that she has developed lumps on her throat and above her breast."
    By this time, I was already crying.
    "They took her to the doctor and put her on some medicine. Sadie's mom started to notice Sadie become slower and weaker. They then took her to the same doctor, ran some tests, and figured out what was wrong. Callie, Sadie has breast cancer."
    My eyes were vacant. I had cried all I could even when the worst news had just come. I felt like I was being punched in the stomach. I grabbed a hold of a chair to try and support myself up.
    "What?" was all I could croak out of myself.
    "She is being taken care of right at this moment. She just got out of surgery and everything came back okay. She can't fight this battle alone."
    I needed to talk to her. To hear her voice say my name. I got the phone ,but before I could dial my mom took it out of my hands.
    "What are you doing! I need to talk to her!"
    "Callie, she just came out of surgery. She is weak. She can't talk right now."
    "Don't you understand! That is my friend! She has cancer and you won't even let me talk to her!" I started throwing my hands everywhere and fighting back against my mom.
    "I WANT TO TALK TO HER! I NEED TO HEAR HER!!"
    My dad came up behind me and grabbed a hold of me. He held me close as I smelled is work shirt. I cried into his shirt as I trembled with fear. He pet my hair as I shook.
    "I just.. need to hear her. See her. Anything at all."
    My friend had cancer and there was nothing I could do about it. My life had fallen apart.
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 pm

It was about 3 days later before I went to school. I still haven't even been able to contact Sadie and talk to her. Most of the kids had already knew that she had cancer. They gave me hugs and said it will be alright. It's funny how my friend becomes ill and suddenly I'm the popular one. I asked my mom to take me up there this weekend ,but of course she said no. I couldn't stand not being able to see her. It is like they didn't even want me to talk to her. I overhead Katie talking about how her mom was taking her to Dallas to go shopping. Katie and I have talked a couple of times and she was cool. Suddenly, an idea sprouted in my head.
    "Hey Katie, I couldn't stop myself from listening in on your conversation. Your going to Dallas tomorrow?"
    "Yup! My mom and I are going for a girls day together." she said laughing.
    "Do you think maybe I could come with you guys? Like ride up there then you could drop me off at the Dallas Hospital?"
    "Sure! That's fine by me. Just get permission by your mom today then call me and we'll come get you."
    "Great! Thanks so much Katie."
    Of course I was never going to tell my mom. I can already hear her voice saying no. After school was over, I told mom I was going to Katie's house tomorrow to hang out. My mom, believing me, said that was fine. Everything was falling into place. I already packed my suitcase to stay there for at least four days. I grabbed some money and a few snacks for the way up there.
    The next day, Katie showed up at my house around 9:00 am ready to go. My mom didn't even notice my suitcase.
    "So, your mom is okay with you going to Dallas by yourself?"
    "Oh yeah! Sadie's mom is gonna watch after me so I can stay with Sadie."
    "Oh cool." she said jumping in her mom's car.
    I slept the whole way there trying to push out the fears of what my mom will say when she figures out. I was suddenly awake by someone pushing me.
    "Callie, were here." said Katie.
    "Right thanks. Thanks so much for the ride! Hope you guys have fun shopping!"
    "No problem, do you need help finding your way?" Katie's mom asked me.
    "No, I'm sure I'll be fine. Thanks again!"
    I smiled at them and ran to the front entrance of the hospital. As soon as I opened the door a smell of sick people came into my nose. I found the desk clerk who was wearing an ugly shade of pink with little ducks on them.
    "Hi. I am looking for patient Sadie Janeson. Her room number please."
    "Let me check on that for you dear."
    I awkwardly waited while looking around at the hospital. Hospitals were never my favorite place to be. They reminded me of death and the horrible things that happen here.
    "I found out where she is sweetie. Take the elevator up to the 10th floor and she should be in room 278."
    "Thank you."
    I hurried to the elevator and got in. I pressed the 10th floor. This was it. I was going to see my best friend. My best friend who has cancer. The elevator doors opened and I stepped out. This floor smelt better then the first floor. It had a airy scent and feel too it. I took a left and walked down. 278 was already open. There she was. Hopeless looking and sad.
    "Sadie!" I yelled out.
    She turned her head ever so slowly. Her frown turned into a small smile.
    "Callie. Callie, it's you."
    I ran to her and hugged her carefully not wanting to hurt her. I noticed how skinny and frail she had already become.
    "How did you get here?" she asked me.
    "It's a long story and I'm pretty sure my mom is not gonna be happy when she figures out how I got here."
    "Your mom doesn't know?!"
    "Not exactly.."
    "Oh Callie. Well right now I don't care. I'm just happy your here."
    She hugged me again. I whispered into her ear.
    "I'm not leaving until your better..."
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Admin

Post  Chocolate With Tea In It Tue May 15, 2012 9:36 pm

IS IT DONE!?/
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Mon May 21, 2012 6:57 pm

'Liam Payne Is #1 <3 wrote:IS IT DONE!?/

Oh gosh no! I just haven't had the time to work on it. But now I am gonna start back on it again.
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Sadie and I sat in the hospital bed for ten minutes just holding each other. Her mom finally came back and was surprised to see me.
    "Callie! What are you doing here?!"
    I looked at Sadie nervously.
    "I just came down to see Sadie. You guys can't keep us away forever."
    She looked at me then smiled.
    "Well its great to have you here then. We could use the company. Where is your mom at?"
    "Oh yeah, funny story. She doesn't know I am here." I said super fast.
    Her smile turned into a frown. She rolled her eyes at me as she got her phone out and dialed the house phone number.
    "Oh crap." I said in my head.
    It took awhile for my mom to pick up. As soon as Sadie's mom told my mom, there was a lot of yelling and cussing coming out of her mouth. Finally Sadie's mom got her to calm down and explained that she could take me back to Carlen on Monday. I smiled at Sadie. She hung up the phone and looked at me.
    "I guess you can tell she was pretty mad?"
    I shook my head slowly.
    "You better thank me. I got you out of a huge problem."
    I smiled at her.
    "Thanks Mrs.Janeson!" I said winking.
    She laughed at me.
    "Sadie, why didn't you tell me something was wrong?"
    She looked away from me for a few minutes.
    "I didn't want to worry you," she finally said.
    "I rather be worried then not know what's wrong with you. Your my friend. Your supposed to tell me these things."
    "I know. I just got so scared and worried."
    "Well don't worry. I am here now."
    We sat on that bed together and talked for hours until she had to get her sleep in. That day, I made a promise to her. A promise that she'll get better soon.
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Admin

Post  Chocolate With Tea In It Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 pm

ZAYN IS HOT♥ wrote:nasty garlic breath
    Random.
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Tue May 29, 2012 12:30 pm

I ended up getting hungry so I went down to the cafeteria and got a plate of chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes. I wrinkled my nose. Hospital food is never the best. I walked back up to Sadie's room and sat in a chair by her bed. It was covered in dust.
    "Do these people clean these rooms at all?"
    She smiled at me.
    "Every now and then they do."
    I ate my chicken which turned out to be hard and cold. "Tasty," I said to myself. I put the barely eaten food on the floor.
    "So have the doctors said any news to you lately?"
    "Not much. I just know that I'm going to be here for a very long time."
    I didn't smile at her. I ended up walking to the window and staring out at it.
    "They'll take good care of you here though. Make you feel like this is where you need to be."
    "It's not where I wanna be at all. I rather be playing sports and hanging out with friends."
    The sound of loud vehicles over-took my thoughts. There I was, sitting in the car, drenched in blood. The rain was pouring down through the car windows. My mom was crying out in pain. I couldn't move at all.
    Sadie brought me back to earth.
    "Have you talked to Justin lately?"
    I turned to her slowly while leaning on the chair.
    "Yeah. I mean, I saw him just a few days ago didn't I?"
    "Has he said anything, you know, about me."
    "No. He didn't say anything."
    "Oh."
    I knew she was hurt. She thought that he loved her. Love was a strong word for a freshman relationship.
    "I'm gonna go look around the hospital. Will you be okay here by yourself? I think your mom is still talking to the doctors."
    She only shook her head.
    I walked out in the hallway and took a right. Half of the rooms were full of people trying to fight of the deadly disease. I got on the elevator and went to the 9th floor. When I got off, I noticed the bright colors this floor had. I looked around until I found an open room with 6 to 7 kids painting in there. A nurse saw me and came over.
    "Hi there. Are you looking for someone?"
    "What floor is this? I mean who are these kids?"
    "Oh these are the leukemia patients. We get together every day and spend a few hours doing fun things."
    My heart suddenly sunk. I saw the kids happy faces ,but I knew deep down inside they were being hurt and having to go through pain that no kid should go through. I thought I was gonna be sick. I ran out the room and got on the elevator. I sank to the floor. Tears flowed down my face as memories flashed back into my mind.
    "Callie! Are you ok?!" my mom screamed at me from the passenger seat. I couldn't open my mouth. I just silently shook my head. I turned and looked at my brother. He was unconscious and bleeding. I took his hand and held it to my chest.
    I got up and wiped my tears away. I had to be strong. Strong for Sadie.
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Admin

Post  Chocolate With Tea In It Tue May 29, 2012 8:04 pm

hey, u wrote sophie. its sadie! lol, im not even writing the story and im paying attention! Razz ill fix it for u Smile
    Alyssa;)
    Alyssa;)

Post  Alyssa;) Tue May 29, 2012 8:05 pm

im confused..who is sophie??
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Admin

Post  Chocolate With Tea In It Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Alyssa♥ wrote:im confused..who is sophie??

she meant sadie, i fixed it for her.
    Alyssa;)
    Alyssa;)

Post  Alyssa;) Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Dr. Coconut wrote:hey, u wrote sophie. its sadie! lol, im not even writing the story and im paying attention! Razz ill fix it for u Smile
    oh good i was so confused.
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Chocolate With Tea In It
    Admin

Post  Chocolate With Tea In It Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:55 am

is it done!??????????????????????????????????? Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Please say no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I took the stairs back up the floor. My eyes were still red and puffy. Sadie instantly noticed it.
    "Are you okay?"
    "Umm. Yeah. Just a lil shaky that's all."
    "Have you been crying?"
    "Allergies. That dust from the chair got to me."
    She laughed at me. I sat next to her bed.
    "I'm really worried about mom."
    "Why?"
    "We were never good with affording things and now that I'm stuck in a hospital where I'm going to have to have tons of expensive stuff done to me, she is gonna end up in debt."
    "I am sure your dad will send money for the health payments."
    She shook her head and smirked.
    "That old bastard doesn't help with anything. I haven't seen him or talked to him since he left. I don't even want his help. He is just a messed up freak."
    It was starting to get dark outside.
    "Where does your mom stay the night?"
    "In the hotel over by the street. More money that she has to spend because of me."
    "Sadie, it isn't your fault this happened. Stop blaming it all on yourself."
    She turned away from me and hid under the covers.
    "Whatever."
    I grabbed my bag and started to look for her mom. She was talking to a lady in the hallway.
    "I think she is through for the night. She seems really tired." I said.
    "Oh thank you. I'll go say goodnight and get my stuff.
    I waited out in the hallway. A boy that looked around 16 was walking with a nurse. He had no hair so I assumed he had cancer. He reminded me of Gavon.
    I quickly shut out the memory of Gavon in the hospital, holding my hand...
    "Ready to go Callie?" Mrs. Janeson said, interrupting my thoughts.
    "Yes."
    We walked to the hotel and I got settled in the room. I didn't feel like taking a shower after today's events. I changed into pajamas and fell fast asleep.

"Gavon!" my mom screamed.
    "Mom.. he is not responding."
    She reached into her jeans and pulled out her phone. It was already too much pain for her to move. She called 9-1-1 and told them the address. I turned my head slowly to look at Gavon.
    "Gavon. Open your eyes please. Wake up Gavon. Please wake up!"
    Then the tears hit me.
    "The police and ambulance are on there way."
    "Mom, Gavon still isn't responding."
    She was quiet for a moment.
    The last thing I remember was falling asleep on my brother.

I woke up suddenly. The clock said 6:30 am. My belly was starving as I got dressed and put my hair into a high pony-tail. I walked down to the hotel's breakfast. Grabbing a banana and yogurt, I couldn't stop thinking about that boy I saw. Mrs. Janeson came down shortly after me and we ate in silence.
    "You ready to go?" she said wiping her mouth.
    "Yup."
    We walked out into the open to face another challenging day.
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:49 pm

When we got into Sadie's room, she was already awake texting on her phone.
    "Did you already eat breakfast?" her mom said.
    "No, they didn't want me too because I can't keep anything down once I start treatment. I'm starving though."
    Her mom went outside to talk to a nurse about her eating diet while I sat beside Sadie.
    "Texting Justin?"
    "Yeah. He only responded once and all he said was, yeah, I'm sorry your there. Get better. I've texted him like 6 times and he still won't reply back."
    I shrugged.
    "He might be doing something."
    I saw the look in her eyes. She was depressed.
    "We've been dating for 6 months and he can't even take the time to text his girlfriend who has cancer?! How sweet of him."
    I didn't say anything because I knew what Justin was really doing. Flirting with other girls and smoking. Sadie has yet to see the different side of her so-called boyfriend.
    "I'm gonna go walk around. Do you need anything?"
    She shook her head no.
    I walked into the hallway and sat by a near-by bench and sighed. The boy I saw yesterday walked out of a room with a roller.
    "Hi." he said shyly.
    "Hey."
    "Mind if I sit here?"
    "Nope. Not at all. Go right ahead."
    He sat down carefully and fixed his eyes on the blank white wall ahead of us.
    "They really need some color in this place. It's so boring and old."
    "I agree. It adds to the sadness that this place has."
    "Are you a patient?"
    "No, my friend is a victim of breast cancer. She just figured out the news about 3 days ago. I've been staying here with her."
    "Seems like everyone here has cancer."
    I looked at him.
    "Do you..I mean. I don't wanna sound rude or anything ,but do-?"
    "I'm okay with talking about it. I've learned to accept it. Yes, I have lung cancer. I've lived in this place for 5 months. It gets old after awhile." he said laughing.
    I turned to face him and noticed he has blue eyes that suck you in.
    "I'm really sorry. It must be super hard to deal with."
    "Believe me, it is. Don't be sorry though, I'm surprisingly happy that this happened."
    I stared at him. Happy? How could anyone be happy about this illness?
    "I know what your thinking. Why would anyone be happy about having cancer?"
    "That's exactly what I was thinking."
    "When I was at school, I was a jerk to a lot of people. I didn't respect them and didn't treat them the way they should have been treated. The only friends I had was a bunch of other douche bags. Having cancer, it kinda showed me a different way of life. As in, I've learned that I don't know what goes on in their life. Why should I ruin it more?"
    I smiled at him.
    "Who would of thought someone would be happy about this. I can see why though even though no one should go through this kinda of shit."
    "Hey now, watch your language." he said laughing.
    "I'm sorry. I just get so worked up some times."
    "I can understand. I gotta get back to treatment. By the way, what's your name?"
    "Callie. My name's Callie.
    "Nice to meet you Callie. I'm Brody." he smiled while getting up and leaving.
    "Nice to meet you too Brody", I said to myself.
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:34 pm

After Brody left, I stayed on that bench for about 10 minutes just thinking about how cancer changed his life. When I got up to go back to Sadie's room, the elevator door opened and my mom walked out.
    "Mom!" I screamed.
    She already had her arms wide open as I ran to her for a hug.
    "Hi baby." she said calmly.
    "I'm so glad your here!"
    "I am not staying forever ,but I thought I might come up for a day or two. I was thinking we could go out to lunch and catch up."
    "That would be great." I said smiling.
    I went and told Sadie then we left. We stopped at a restaurant called Katie's Cafe and ordered sandwiches.
    "How is Sadie doing?"
    "There is not much to say. She is handling it pretty well though."
    "What about you? How are you taking it?"
    I suddenly became more interested in my napkin as I didn't want to say.
    "Callie, you can tell me."
    "I don't know mom. It's just being back there and seeing everything. It just stings really hard."
    She sighed.
    "I bet it's really hard."
    "I'm trying to stay strong for Sadie though ,but I just have flashbacks and I can see it all over again. I met this boy named Brody who was around 16. He reminded me so much of Gavon."
    Mom suddenly became quiet.
    "I feel like I have a connection with Brody. Maybe it's because he reminds me so much of Gavon that I want to be around him. It's something to cope with."
    "I could have done something to help him." my mom said.
    "Mom, there was nothing we could." I said while starting to tear up.
    "I just miss him a lot. I hate not being able to see his goofy face and watch him be a big brother over you."
    I then started to cry.
    "Being in the hospital, I just remind myself that Gavon is always gonna be there for me. Watching me, and helping me through things. I just can't get the picture of him holding my hand and telling me that he loved me. Then, watching him die."
    My mom didn't have time to cry for the sandwiches came. I dried my tears and ate the turkey sandwich.
    Alyssa;)
    Alyssa;)

Post  Alyssa;) Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:04 pm

I dried my tears and ate the turkey sandwich.
    SadSadSad
    Bri O'Callaghan
    Bri O'Callaghan

Post  Bri O'Callaghan Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 pm

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Amy Holland
    Amy Holland

Post  Amy Holland Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 pm

My mom and I didn't really talk for the rest of lunch. There wasn't much to say. We finished our food and walked back to the hospital. When we got to Sadie's floor, I started to hear her gagging and crying.
    "Please stop!" she was screaming.
    Her mom was holding her hand trying to tell her words of encouragement.
    "What's going on?"
    "Sadie's still trying to get used to the chemo. It is affecting her pretty bad."
    I noticed all the needles that probed her body. I suddenly became more sick. I stayed outside until the treatment was done. She was asleep when I came back in.
    "I hate to see her like this." I said quietly.
    My mom came up behind me and held me.
    "Me too princess. Me too."
    "How long are you staying?" I said.
    "I have to leave tomorrow. You know I can't stay away for very long from work."
    "I wanna stay here though."
    "You have tons of school you need to do."
    "You can just bring it up here. I don't want to stay away from Sadie any longer then I have too. She is my friend and she needs me right now."
    My mom heavily sighed.
    "Okay, but I don't want this going on forever. I want you back in school in two more weeks. We don't need you to fail anything."
    I shook my head.
    "Can you get me some water out of the machine in the hallway?" my mom said hanging me a dollar.
    "Sure."
    I press P2 on the machine and listening to its whirling and screeching sounds. They really needed to fix this. Brody came out from his room.
    "Hey Callie." he said smiling at me.
    "Hi." I smiled back at him.
    "We just got back from eating at this awesome restaurant. It's an Italian place called Orlando's. They have the best lasagna out there."
    I didn't even notice that the water had already came out. I was too caught up in listening to his deep dreamy voice.
    "Well you'll have to take me there sometime so I can judge this "amazing" lasagna." I said laughing.
    "How about this Friday then? They say I have been functioning pretty well and I can probably go out on my own for a while. What do you say?"
    I freaked out. I only knew this dude for a day and now he's asking me out to eat.
    "Umm.. yeah. That would be.. awesome!" I stuttered.
    He smiled.
    "I gotta go. I'll see you around okay?"
    "Yeah. See ya!"
    He turned and went back to his room and I returned back to Sadie's.
    "What took you so long?" my mom said.
    "The machine was taking awhile and I got caught up in talking to Brody."
    I think my mom saw the smile in my eyes. I was really excited.
    "He asked me out to go eat some dinner with him on Friday."
    My mom looked at me with worry in her eyes.
    "I don't think so. You barely know the kid."
    "Mom. He has lung cancer. I'm pretty sure he is not going to hurt me or try to do anything to me. He is a really nice guy."
    "I'll think about it."
    I sighed at her. My mom was always on my back about guys.
    "We better get going to the hotel before it gets to dark." Sadie's mom exclaimed.
    Mrs. Janeson kissed her daughter goodnight on the forehead while my mom just hugged her. I hugged her also.
    "See you in the morning."
    If only I saw her in the morning bright and happy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:32 am